Advanced Design Technology is a global leader in the development of advanced software for the design of turbomachinery to major manufactures in aerospace, automotive, marine and power generation applications in Europe, Japan and US. In order to continue our expansion we wish to recruit a turbomachinery Aerodynamics Engineer.
Working as part of our engineering services team you will be involved in customer technical support and consultancy projects in the field of turbomachinery aero/hydrodynamic design. You should be able to work closely in a team environment, while at the same time independently driving consultancy projects to a successful conclusion. In addition you will be providing support to clients in the use of the company’s aerodynamics design codes.
Applicants should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Education to a post graduate level in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field with a solid knowledge of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics and heat transfer of turbomachinery
- At least 3 years experience of turbomachinery aerodynamic design in industrial or consultancy environment or a PhD in a related field to turbomachinery.
- Familiarity with the application of commercial CFD codes (ANSYS CFX, FLUENT or STAR-CD) to turbomachinery flow analysis
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills
- Knowledge and/or familiarity with CAD and stress/vibration analysis would be an advantage.
- Experience on design of centrifugal compressors, centrifugal or axial pumps, radial-inflow turbines and axial or mixed flow fans would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with automatic optimisation method is an advantage, although it is not a necessary requirement.
We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and a dynamic environment at the forefront of our field. Applications at varying levels of seniority/experience will be considered.
The position is based in Central London, UK. International applicants are welcome to apply but are required to be EU citizens or have relevant work permit to work in UK.