Students joining the Turbomachinery Engineering Department can look forward to play an active role in the design, analysis and optimisation of all turbomachinery components. During the internship your role will be to support our senior turbomachinery design team on all steps of the turbomachinery design and analysis process.
Interns will learn all steps of the turbomachinery design and analysis cycle, starting from evaluation of preliminary sizing for complete turbomachinery packages, to detailed analysis of the flow within and between various components and identification the main sources of aerodynamic and hydrodynamic loss. Finally interns may be actively involved in the redesign of such components for improved performances.
In addition to general turbomachinery know-how, interns will work actively with TURBOdesign Suite and other leading turbomachinery commercial tools from ADT’s partners.
Minimum available internship period:
- 6 Months
- UK / EU Citizenship or a valid Work Permit for UK
- Mechanical Engineering or equivalently relevant university program
- Completion of courses relevant to thermodynamics, fluid mechanics and heat transfer
- Completion of courses relevant to turbomachinery principles
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Familiarity with commercial CFD codes (Fluent, CFX, STAR-CCM+)
- Familiarity with automatic optimisation algorithms
Presentation Request for Turbodmachinery Engineering Department Intern Vacancy:
Please attach a PowerPoint presentation on your experience in turbomachinery design, analysis, and experimentation (15 slide max).
Please provide the contact details of one of your professors/previous professional employer who knows of your work and is willing to act as a referee.