ADT Engineering Services team is composed by highly skilled turbomachinery design and analysis engineers ready to support and complement your design needs. Whether you need a complete study, from conception to final design for manufacturing, or are facing challenging multi-point / multi-objective design objectives, our team will be able to support your requirements by application of our proprietary technology and unique design know-how.
We are experts in:
- Aerodynamic design of all types of turbomachines: pumps, axial turbine and compressors, centrifugal compressors, radial turbines, hydraulic turbines, fans (low speed-transonic), torque converters.
- Computational fluid dynamics code development and analysis.
- Design of Experiments and Automatic optimization methodology (e.g Simplex, Simulated annealing, Genetic algorithm and Tabu search).
- FEA for stress and vibration analysis.
- Acoustics and noise modelling.
- Experimental and measurement techniques for aerodynamic and noise measurements.
- Rapid prototyping by Stereolithography.
- We have access to our own proprietary advanced design and analysis methods which enable ADT engineers to complete relatively complicated turbomachinery design or analysis tasks in surprisingly short period of time.
- We understand our clients needs thoroughly which comes only with experience.
- We offer superior project management skills, with one point of contact from concept to complete engineering solution.
Types of Consultancy Services
- Aerodynamic Design/re-Design Services
- Complete Design Services
- CFD Analysis
- Finite Element Structural Analysis
Examples of recent projects
Some of the best-known names in the turbomachinery industry have already called on our Engineering Services to develop highly efficient turbomachinery components, examples of some recent works are below:
- Multi-point and multi-objective design optimization of automotive cooling fan
- Design of innovative radial blower system for maximum pressure burst
- Design of various turbocharger compressor impellers to improve performance and range
- Design of an industrial compressor stage including impeller, low solidity vaned diffuser and return channel
- Application of multi-point / multi-objective optimization to improve a pump stage performance in terms of stall, cavitation performance and shut-off head
- Design of a marine waterjet pump to improve cavitation performance and eliminate erosion at the hub
- Design of transonic LP axial flow turbine stage
- Design of all three components (turbine, stator and pump) of an automotive torque converter to improve torque capacity
- Design of a refrigeration compressor stage including splitter impeller, vaneless diffuser and volute with various trimming criteria to satisfy different operating conditions
- Design Optimisation of a Strongly Interacting Diffuser Pump Stage
- Design optimization of a large flow, low pressure axial fan
- Design of high efficiency axial fans meeting EU EcoDirective regulations
- Redesign of an automotive air conditioning system composed by sirocco fan and volute for high efficiency
Design of an aero-engine fuel pump to improve cavitation performance at cruise and take-off conditions:
- Design of a centrifugal compressor volute to achieve target static pressure
- Redesign of a low specific speed centrifugal pump for higher performances at low flow-rates
- Design of an inducer to an existing pump for higher pump cavitation performances
- Analysis of a double inlet centrifugal pump stage to assess inlet flow recirculation and vibrations
- Design of very compact fish friendly axial turbines for hydraulic power generation
- Redesign of a transonic axial compressor stage for higher efficiency
- Design optimization of a double inlet to a multistage pump
- Design optimization of compact axial multistage turbodrill
- Multipoint design optimization of a centrifugal compressor for high efficiency and improved stall and choke performances
- Multipoint design optimization of a mixed-flow compressor for high efficiency and improved stall and choke performances
- Multipoint design optimization of a turbocharger centrifugal compressor impeller for higher efficiency and wider operating map
- Design optimization of a compact, high speed centrifugal compressor and radial inflow turbine stages for automotive systems
- Redesign of multi-stage drilling turbines operating in mud for higher efficiency
- Aerodynamic design of centrifugal compressor and radial turbine stages for power generation
- Design evaluation of compact, high speed turbocharger compressor and turbine
- Design and optimization of high speed CPU cooling fans (rotor/stator and contra-rotating) for high efficiency and low noise
- Multi-objective design optimization of centrifugal pump stage for high efficiency and good cavitation performance
- Multi-point and multi-objective design optimization of a chiller centrifugal compressor stage
- Design and optimization of two industrial compressor stages with radial and axial diffusers
- Design of an axial and mixed flow nuclear cooling pump stage
- Design optimization of an hydraulic turbocharger system for reverse osmosis
- Redesign of a waterjet mixed-flow pump stator for improved efficiency and cavitation performance
- Design of a multistage, multiphase downhole pump for oil and gas application;
- Design of various axial fans from electronic cooling to large scale tunnel ventilation applications
Our record in making excellent working relationships with our customers means that many of our clients return to us time and time again for further cooperative projects. Contact us directly for an informal discussion to see how we can assist you in improving your turbomachinery application.