Integration of TURBOdesign1 in Ansys Workbench
- TURBOdesign WB puts TURBOdesign1 inside Ansys Workbench and enables seamless data integration with Workbench for flow and structurual analysis.
- Automates the task of running CFD on geometries generated by TURBOdesign1.
- Easy setup of parametric studies using any parameterization possible in TURBOdesign1 Script.
- If combined with Ansys DesignXplorer allows the user to perform: Direct Optimization; Parameters Correlation; Response Surfaces; Response Surface Optimization; Six Sigma Analysis.
- Automatic optimization of multi blade row machines at multiple operating points.
TURBOdesign WB is a module that enables the seamless integration of TURBOdesign1 into the ANSYS Workbench platform.
CFD simulation of the geometries generated by TURBOdesign1, using Ansys TurboGrid and CFX, can be performed automatically for any set of TURBOdesign1 input parameters and Workbench parameters created by the user.
Automation of tasks ranging from simple Parametric Studies to Response Surface based or direct Optimization (using ANSYS DesignXplorer).
TURBOdesignWB was designed mainly to allow automatic optimization of multi blade row machines at multiple operating points. Automating this process greatly reduces the amount of user input required during the design process.
The computational cost of performing optimizations is reduced for the following reasons:
- Close relation between inputs and outputs allows smooth Response Surfaces to be generated and reliably used for optimization.
- The inverse design method allows fewer input parameters to be used to parameterize the geometry.
- Fewer input parameters mean fewer design points are needed to generate the Response Surfaces.
- Response Surface Optimization allows the designer to cope with changing project requirements. It gives greater insight into the design than direct optimization, where a single optimal design is produced at the end of many more CFD runs.